We're just bananas to announce The Deuce's second beta: Immutant 2.0.0-beta2. At this point, we feel pretty good about the stability of the API, the performance, and the compatibility with both WildFly 8 and the forthcoming WildFly 9.
We expect a final release before spring (in the Northern Hemisphere). We would appreciate all interested parties to try out this release and submit whatever issues you find. And again, big thanks to all our early adopters who provided invaluable feedback on the alpha, beta, and incremental releases.
What is Immutant?
Immutant is an integrated suite of Clojure libraries backed by Undertow for web, HornetQ for messaging, Infinispan for caching, Quartz for scheduling, and Narayana for transactions. Applications built with Immutant can optionally be deployed to a WildFly cluster for enhanced features. Its fundamental goal is to reduce the inherent incidental complexity in real world applications.
What's changed in this release?
The biggest change in this release is a new API for communicating
with web clients asynchronously, either via an HTTP stream, over a
WebSocket, or using Server-Sent Events. As part of this change,
immutant.web.websocket namespace has been removed, but
wrap-websocket still exists, and has been moved to
immutant.web.middleware. For more details, see the web guide.
In conjunction with this new API, we've submitted changes to Sente that will allow you to use its next release with Immutant.
For a full list of changes, see the issue list below.
How to try it
If you're already familiar with Immutant 1.x, you should take a look at our migration guide. It's our attempt at keeping track of what we changed in the Clojure namespaces.
The guides are another good source of information, along with the rest of the apidoc.
For a working example, check out our Feature Demo application!
Get In Touch
Issues resolved in 2.0.0-beta2
- [IMMUTANT-439] - Provide SSE support in web
- [IMMUTANT-515] - Add :servlet-name to the options for run to give the servlet a meaningful name
- [IMMUTANT-517] - Allow undertow-specific options to be passed directly to web/run
- [IMMUTANT-518] - Error logged for every websocket/send!
- [IMMUTANT-520] - WunderBoss Options don't load properly under clojure 1.7.0
- [IMMUTANT-521] - Add API for async channels
- [IMMUTANT-524] - immutant.web/run no longer accepts a Var as the handler
- [IMMUTANT-526] - Improve the docs for messaging/subscribe to clarify subscription-name