What is Immutant?
What's in this release?
This is the second release in a row where we have focused on bug fixes and internal refactoring to clean things up as we approach 1.0.0. Our goal is to have a stable API by the first 1.0.0 beta.
Since 0.5.0, we've made a few API changes, some of which are breaking changes:
immutant.utilitiesnamespace has been renamed to
immutant.daemonsnamespace has been reorganized - the most noticeable change being the
runfunction has been changed to daemonize.
- immutant.registry/fetch has been deprecated and replaced with immutant.registry/get.
We've also added a few new features in this release:
- We now expose MBeans for HornetQ destinations and listeners.
- immutant.dev/reload-project! will now load any data-readers specified by newly added dependencies.
With this release, we're bucking our trend of increasing the size of the distribution - 0.6.0 is 17Mb smaller than 0.5.0.
The simplest way to install or upgrade to 0.6.0 is via our Leiningen plugin:
$ lein immutant install 0.6.0
Get In Touch
Issues resolved in 0.6.0
- [IMMUTANT-141] - Expose mbeans for HornetQ destinations
- [IMMUTANT-151] - include clojure-complete to allow nrepl completion to work
- [IMMUTANT-154] - dev ns should load new data-readers
- [IMMUTANT-153] - Don't allow HornetQ to shutdown while processors and queues are still up
- [IMMUTANT-155] - web/start should be idempotent
- [IMMUTANT-156] - msg/stop no longer fully stops destinations
- [IMMUTANT-157] - non-root sub-contexts require a trailing slash
- [IMMUTANT-158] - it's possible to get message listeners in an inconsistent state
- [IMMUTANT-159] - msg/start & msg/stop should be synchronous
- [IMMUTANT-160] - :path-info should be consistent
- [IMMUTANT-161] - Update the web docs to be clearer about context-paths and path-info
- [IMMUTANT-162] - Reduce jar duplication within our modules
- [IMMUTANT-163] - msg/start should be idempotent
- [IMMUTANT-164] - update docs to mention var quoting to achieve reloadability
- [IMMUTANT-165] - Deprecate registry/fetch and prefer registry/get instead
- [IMMUTANT-166] - Rename immutant.utilities to immutant.util
- [IMMUTANT-167] - Rename daemons functions to be more clear